Mounting your flat screen on a stand has many advantages. It allows for versatility in your home decor, as you can easily change the position of the television anytime you need to re-arrange your other furniture. In addition, you can also move your flat screen from room to room. What’s more, with TV stands you can find the perfect spot for the best viewing experience from a seating position. Also, this is a relatively easy and not time-consuming project that anyone can deal with. For a detailed guide on how to mount your TV to a stand, read on.
1. How to Mount Your TV
- Wrap your TV in a towel in order to prevent scratching the screen.
- Remove the electrical cord.
- Unplug all connecting cords.
- Place the TV face down on a flat and clear surface.
- Remove the screws.
- Attach adapter brackets to the back of the television using the screws which came with the stand or television.
- Attach the brackets to the corresponding holes on the back of the TV
- Tighten the screws to hold the bracket using the screwdriver, but be careful not to over-tighten them.
- Lift the television with the screen facing you
- Make sure the adapter brackets are hooked on the back of the television stand plate(the one which holds the TV)
- Attach the top bracket first
- Lower the bottom section of the screen slowly until the television stands against the attachment plate.
2. How to Secure Your TV
Falling flat screen TVs are quite dangerous and can lead to serious injuries. In case you have children, it is absolutely necessary to secure your TV since toddlers have the awful habit to touch and pull everything they can. You can easily & quickly complete this task.
- Attach the tabletop base to the bottom of your TV. The base and screws must be in the package with your TV.
- Make sure the stand is solid enough to support the TV. First, place the TV on the stand and watch for any bending or cracks. In the best case, the stand must be attached to the floor or the wall to prevent it from falling over.
- Ensure that the stand is far enough from the wall so that the TV receives an adequate ventilation. It is highly desirable that you check your TV’s instruction manual for the recommended clearance.
- Place the TV in the centre of the stand. 4 inches of space must be clear on all sides.
- Drill screws into the stand through the existing holes in the base of the TV.
Your TV is now safely mounted!