The term minimalism emerged during the 1960’s. From there on it has evolved a lot, outlined new meanings and the motto “less is more” became the foundation of minimalism. Studies have shown that a messy home will affect badly on mental health thereby resulting in anxiety and depressing.
Hence, reducing the mess and unwanted clutter leads to simplicity and peace of mind. The fundamental principles of minimalistic interior design are spacious rooms, sharp lines, traditional white wooden flooring, less furniture, lighter tone colours but with enhanced textures. Keeping it simple and ideally using all the natural forms accessible nearby is what minimalistic interior all about.
At Bobs Handyman Services we know that there is no compulsion in following the rules of minimalism. In fact, sometimes it becomes limiting because of which one becomes perplexed during planning. Nevertheless, few characteristics will help you incorporate the minimalism in your home.
Keep It Simple Silly
Minimalism is all about keeping everything simple, practical, and easy to reach. This does not entirely mean you should not experiment with the colours and theme, not to mention following bad electrician advice.
- Instead, combine it with a sense of the beauty of the home and the purpose of everything.
- Ensure that the interior design is aesthetic, handy and appealing the moment, you enter.
- Also, make sure appliances like air conditioner and refrigerators match with the interiors otherwise it ends up looking pretty odd.
Remember, your place of living — whether you call London, New York City, or a Eugene, Oregon apartment home — is the place where you will be coming back to after a hectic day to relax. By using minimalistic interior design into your home, you are bound to experience blissfulness and calmness to your mind. Additionally, your home becomes brighter, classy, and spacious.
Functional In Every Way
Since in minimalistic interior storing things become a problem, every piece of furniture or décor item must be functional to store at least something. The primary aim is of having practical items in your living room, dining room, and even kitchen that have a specific reason.
Minimalist interior selects for the simple colour palate. It usually consists of one or two colours not more than that. Generally, white and black are the two shades that are used extensively in a minimalist interior. One can go for soft tone hues but not more than two. By maintaining the colour palate, the consistency is maintained in the home. Your home will look spacious, airy, and light.
Not too loud and clear flooring is a prerequisite of minimalistic designs. There are different kind of floorings which one can go after but always make sure that it is of neutral tone that matches up with the interior. There are parquet flooring and pine flooring which are trending nowadays, and many interior designers opt for such flooring for its heat retention qualities, useful especially for elder people. Because we are talking about floorings, one should also value the one that is affordable and lasts longer than the usual. Wooden flooring is the ultimate flooring option with soft colours, lean, and fully furnished look.
SSS – Smart Storage Solutions
There is the misconception going on about the minimalist homes including apartments that only larger space home fits well with the interior. That’s false. If truth be told homes that comprise of smaller space are a great option for the minimalistic interior as it makes the rooms look larger. One can make them appear large with SSS that is smart storage solutions. For instance, you can have a footrest table that also works as storage for toys or books.
Texture is King
When you designing a space it is important to consider texture. Each texture has a different way of conveying the feel. If you want to give the minimalist interior a cosy yet warm then you have to do some additional changes that will maintain subtleness of the interior. If it’s the bit cold then add linen couch for the warmth. So that was about the elements of minimalistic interior design. Nevertheless, why should you choose it? Here are a few reasons why you MUST go for it.
- Remember when there are less mess and clutter lying around, it becomes easy to clean. On top of that, wooden flooring makes everything so much easier, unlike carpet flooring. You will not have kept on wiping every now and easier to find your things.
- Minimalist interiors depict a lot of natural light. One needs to make sure that nothing hinders from natural lighting entering your home. Rather allow the fresh air and brightness in the home.
- All the furniture pieces and hues used for the minimalistic interior are timeless. You will not require keeping yourself updated with every room in your home.
- Ideal minimalism means that every item is placed rightfully in the home. Like chairs sit exactly under the table and won’t be lying around in some corner of your home. It will provide you passage to walk around giving flow and energy to your home.
Are you someone who is considering renovating the interior design of your home and you need professional help throughout Manchester, Wigan, Stockport, Warrington, Chester, Liverpool, Crewe, Oldham, and Bolton, you should get in touch with our professionals in the area. Then we will gift you with an impeccable option that is minimalistic interior design. It is simple and easy to integrate by simplifying the interior, furniture, and colour schemes.
Remember, your home is the place where you will be coming back to after a hectic day to relax. By using minimalistic interior design into your home, you are bound to experience blissfulness and calmness to your mind. Additionally, your home becomes brighter, classy, and spacious.